ABOUT THE #SAFESOCIAL AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
We’re excited to build lasting relationships that elevate our community and spread #SafeSocial’s mission and vision. When you become a #SafeSocial Ambassador, you become an extension of our community but above all, an extension of our message.
Social media can be difficult to navigate, and whether you have felt social media’s impact on mental health from your own experiences or have seen its effects on others, by becoming a #SafeSocial Ambassador, you join a community of like-minded people who are ready to learn, inform, and make a change so people can get the benefits of social media with less risk.
· Connecting you with the ever growing network of #SafeSocial Ambassadors by adding you to a #SafeSocial Ambassador Facebook group where you and other ambassadors can share resources and your own self-made content
· Giving you free pieces of #SafeSocial merchandise that range from tech to fashion
· Providing premade social media assets and templates for you to use on your social feeds and stories made by our social media team
· Having a 1:1 meeting with the #SafeSocial Ambassador Program Project Manager
· Running a #SafeSocial Ambassador Program Workshop lead by our Project Manager
· Sharing a “Meet the Ambassador” post on our story, with reference to ambassadors future job aspirations or current position
· Engaging with our content on social media through likes, comments, reposts, and posts of your own
· Communicating #SafeSocial’s message to your audience
· Reaching out to your community and encouraging them to be a part of our community as well
· Encouraging new ambassadors to join the program
· Gathering insightful feedback on how the program is and relay that back to the Project Manager and our team
· Providing a personal statement for our website as to why you joined the program
FIND OUT WHY OTHERS
#SafeSocial strongly aligns with my interests and goals and has allowed me to be an active ambassador for the organization through spreading the message of how to use social media in a safe way.ARIANE BISHOP#SafeSocial PR & Influencer Relations
I am excited to be working with #SafeSocial because I believe that, despite the negativity surrounding it, social media can actually be used as a positive tool.JESSICA KHOURI#SafeSocial Digital Community Lead
#SafeSocial grabbed my attention after I noticed the ways I interact—or don’t interact—with people in my life solely online. They can spiral me to overthink my relationships, and I want to fix that.RAZIEL HARJOSUBROTO#SafeSocial Social Media & Campaign Marketing Lead
I’m a big advocate for mental health awareness and joined the #SafeSocial team because I believe it is important to develop a healthy relationship with social media and the way you interact with your online world.RACHEL BETTENCOURT#SafeSocial Ambassador Program Project Manager
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
Apply and Complete Introductory Survey
Attend 1:1 Meetup with Project Manager
Attend #SafeSocial Ambassador Orientation
Submit Personal Statements for our Website and Complete #MySafeSocial Story
Participate in the Program!
Receive Certificate of Completion and Complete End of Program Survey
Become a #SafeSocialAmbassador for a school year and cross off 10 hours from your 40 required volunteer hours.
The #SafeSocial Ambassador Program falls under the following Community Involvement Opportunities:
- “Participation in an event or activity that contributes to the health and well being of others”
- “Participation in an event or activity that supports ethical work of global nature or that promotes positive environmental awareness”
- “An event or activity designed to benefit the community in general”
Unlike The 9 Month Post-Secondary Program and the 12 Month General Program, in order to collect volunteer hours students must submit a completed form to the Project Manager that has dated proof of their participation in this program.
- Enhances self-confidence in social media knowledge and conducting themselves online
- Reinforces civic responsibility with your online and offline self
- Strengthens their community and allows students to learn new skills via social media
- Students gain valuable work insight/experience within the media industry
- Provides networking opportunities for future employment